NEW! Outdoor Climbing Excursion
Let Us Take You Outside!
Sign up for the chance to climb some real rocks! This event is suitable for climbers of all levels and experiences (including no experience whatsoever). Outings will be occurring nearly every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from now until when the snow starts flying!
- Climbing location; Moss Island in Little Falls, NY (1 hr West of Albany)
- * Very easy approach to the base of climbing site.
- Located right alongside the Mohawk river.
- Picnic tables and grassy areas on site providing nice hangout spaces.
- Right next to a section of the NY Canal Way bike trail.
(* Getting to base of climbing site requires climbing of metal staircase making it not wheelchair accessible).
- The outdoor climbing excursion start time is 8:30am and will run for approximately 4-6 hrs (Please be prompt in arriving for listed start time to check in and be fitted with gear. After that, participants may come/go as they please within the listed time frame).
- Price is $45/pp for those needing to rent shoes/harness, $40 if you have your own.
- Participants will need to be prepared for being outdoors. Suggested items to bring include: PLENTY of water, snacks, sunscreen/bug spray.
- An appropriate mask/face covering is required.
- 8+ top-rope climbing set ups.
- A refresher or first-timer belay lesson.
- Optional: Research the routes of Moss Island and make a request for us to set up at a route of your choosing! * Please be prepared by knowing where the route is located. * Check out the available top-rope climbs here: Moss Island Climbing Routes
- Add-on option: Participate in an anchor building lesson to start learning the basics of what it takes to get out on your own!
Climbing shoes and harnesses are rented separately. Participants welcome to bring their own!
Further information including available dates will be available in the booking listing (Click “Book Now” at the top of the page/in the drop down menu on the mobile site). All attending guests MUST be registered in order to attend. Participants are required to sign our new 2020 risk waiver form prior to the start of the event;
Click here to sign waiver.
Outing is weather-dependent. Participants will be notified no later than 12 hrs prior to outing start time if cancellation is necessary.
Minimum of 6 persons required to host the outing. If minimum attendance is not met a cancellation email will be sent no later than 12 hrs prior to outing start time. Make sure you go through the booking process to ensure we have an accurate headcount!
Have your own group of 6? Message us about scheduling a day not currently listed!
Participants must be 10 yrs old and up. Onsite adult supervision required for children under 13 yrs old.
For further information needed, please email us at email@example.com
- Address4C Vatrano Road
Albany, NY 12205
|Sunday||12:00 pm - 4:00 pm5:00 pm - 9:00 pm|
|Monday||12:00 pm - 4:00 pm6:00 pm - 10:00 pm|
|Tuesday||12:00 pm - 4:00 pm6:00 pm - 10:00 pm|
|Wednesday||12:00 pm - 4:00 pm6:00 pm - 10:00 pm|
|Thursday||12:00 pm - 4:00 pm6:00 pm - 10:00 pm|
|Friday||12:00 pm - 4:00 pm6:00 pm - 10:00 pm|
|Saturday||12:00 pm - 4:00 pm5:00 pm - 9:00 pm|